Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I had an amazing chat with Jennifer last night, thank you Jennifer!  Jennifer has Julio and Byz and it turns out they are all from the same sire as Gabe.  The importance of that is that Jennifer has seen and lived with Byz what I am experiencing with Gabe!  She saw my post from yesterday and after hearing her stories with Byz, my post probably just made her smile and shake her head.  She has been to the ends and back with that horse to bring him around to rideable.  If you ever get a chance to chat with Jennifer, ask her about training Byz!  My hat is off to Jennifer's talent, patience, and perseverence. 

Turns out this sire of theirs had a bit of a "hot" streak, so to speak, and they have all inherited it in some form or another.  In that streak is an incredibly athletic buck that is used anytime the panic button is hit.  As far as I can gather from Jennifer, the trick is similar to teaching a human anger management.  They need to learn to not go there mentally and, most especially, to come back if they do.  That will take time, patience, perseverence!

I can't even begin to explain the joy I felt when Jennifer reached out to me to ask if I'd like to hear about her experience with Byz.  The best of all is that I have a better understanding of Gabe and where he came from and I know he will make it to the other side of this.  If Byz did, Gabe can!  And just as I thought, the quality of Jennifer's voice when she talks about Byz tells it all - the most difficult to train are the most brilliant partners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment